Samukawa shrine with Willy and Little horsie

/
0 Comments
Samukawa-jinja, in Samukawa-machi, Kanagawa Prefecture, has a long history dating back to the 8th century. The shrine has spacious grounds, and has been worshipped at by many people for centuries as one of the leading shrines in the province of Sagami (present-day Kanagawa Prefecture). Enshrined here are the prince and princess Samukawa-hiko-no-Mikoto and Samukawa-hime-no-Mikoto. The shrine once came under the powerful protection of the shogunate established in Kamakura-shi in the 13th century, and of the shogunate established in Edo (present-day Tokyo) in the 17th century. Even today, it bustles with visitors offering up prayers for protection from misfortune.














In this time, I visited the shrine to ask "Memorial service for my old dolls"

Old dolls, which have incorporated the "souls" of their owners, can not simply be thrown away! So there are "funeral services" for them.
Many temples and shrines in Japan feature such a burning of old dolls.
Some of them are very famous.





I put my dolls in the front of "Goshintai", the object of worship in a Shinto shrine. ( Taking photo of Goshintai" is not permitted. Because it is very sanctity.)

Thank you my dolls. They come to me when I was born. I'd displayed them beside my Ohinasama  dolls  every Hinamatsuri(Girl's day). 








You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.